search for more here

Custom Search

working here is boring

I never posted this before because I didn't know how to describe my boredom. I just graduated and I'm in my first job. working in DHL IT Service Centre in Cyberjaya, Malaysia. what position?Librarian!!I've worked here for a month now and I didn't do much work since I came here. yeah I'm only here for 2 1/2 half months,my contract will end on April 23rd, but seriously, could you give me something to do?Actually I'm just here taking a place of a lady librarian who went on maternity leave since Feb 6th. so in the library, there's only me and Daniel, a grad trainee.he really does not talk much to me, but at least he's in the better position than I am. with better salary ( that's what I heard).he's been here for 8 months now so he's the one to teach me everything to do here.

you see, DHL is a global courier company,the one with the yellow color theme, and I worked in their IT Service Centre (they only have four in the whole world-Bonn, Prague, Scottsdale, Cyberjaya) so the library keeps all the datas, applications and software. my job is basically involves burning CDs, copying content, extracting tapes, finding, storing and organizing storage devices. people don't request applications many times a day everyday. when there's a lot of requests, then only I have a lot of work to do. If not, I just sit there, online and do what I do now, blogging. that's why I updated my blog everyday now, not because I get this sense of consciousness, but because I have nothing better to do. I have been through many days where I only burn 1 CD for the whole day. it was very very dull. Everyday on my way to work, I keep thinking, is today gonna be another boring working day?I might just sit at home and find another job. hey, that's what I do best. sitting at home and apply for a job everyday. been doing this for two months before ended up here.If they don't have many things for me to, why did they hire me anyway? Daniel obviously could handle the library alone. he knows everything. he doesn't have much work either. while I spent my time blogging and visiting forums, he's watching some sort of video online. that's what we did everyday.

When I first started, I got all excited and there's much work to do and learn at that time. but now, I keep looking at the clock and can't wait to go back.Can't wait for the weekend. Can't wait to get outta here. If they offered me to renew my contract, I only accept if they could transfer me to other department. the environment is really good, with some nice people around, but I can't continue working here no longer.I will die of boredom. 

2 dress(es):

jadedchalice said...

Im sorry work can be very monotonous. I understand wanting to be busier because at least you feel more useful and your brain is active. I hope that you can find some things that keep your mind stimulated while you are having down time. Maybe if you had an ipod you could listen to music too? I dont know that it would be much better though.Maybe reading a book? But i have alot of down time at my job too which is where i do all my blogging as well. BTW are you native to Malaysia because your english is superb. Anyway i hope you have a good day.

T.Notes said...

heyyy,i know i posted something here!!!i wasn't dreaming!!!

jadedchalice said...

Im sorry work can be very monotonous. I understand wanting to be busier because at least you feel more useful and your brain is active. I hope that you can find some things that keep your mind stimulated while you are having down time. Maybe if you had an ipod you could listen to music too? I dont know that it would be much better though.Maybe reading a book? But i have alot of down time at my job too which is where i do all my blogging as well. BTW are you native to Malaysia because your english is superb. Anyway i hope you have a good day.

T.Notes said...

heyyy,i know i posted something here!!!i wasn't dreaming!!!